Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by komyg Also I've been asking around how to do make a dual-boot and apparently I need to install Windows first and then Linux. They say that Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by komyg
    Also I've been asking around how to do make a dual-boot and apparently I need to install Windows first and then Linux. They say that Windows will override grub without prompting and that it might not recognize my linux partitions.
    we have to fix/re-install windows most of times and the fixing process rewrites MBR. Linux Boot Loader (GRUB/Lilo) re-install is a matter of seconds only. just one or two commands. dont worry about that.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Exclamation Dual-Boot

Personally, I had a Win2000 partition and, although I did have to have that on the machine first, I had no problem putting Linux on to the free space.

I had been talking about the qualities of VMware for Linux, although I was calling it WINE... This lets you run a complete Windows System under Linux but whether you think that this is a better option is not something that I could tell you, as I'm not aware of the particular functions of the Siemens Dev Kit, although I imagine that it would be required for Siemens hardware?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by komyg
    The point is that I am trying to develop an application for the Siemens TC65 module, and to do this I need to install a development kit (Siemens SMTK Enviroment) that is only available to Windows.
    I've been doing TC65 development natively under Linux. I've documented my setup procedure here.

Red face I'm out...

Well, I'm afraid that this goes well without my (limited) area of knowledge.

Sorry!!!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by xargs View Post
    I've been doing TC65 development natively under Linux. I've documented my setup procedure here.
    Could you please send me the smtk i don't find it any where through the net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2