Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! Im pretty much a Linux n00b who has decided to migrate my home server from XP to Mandrake Linux. Ive managed most of the tasks: Apache works, I've got ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Mandrake 9.2+Wine+VB6 app

Hi!

Im pretty much a Linux n00b who has decided to migrate my home server from XP to Mandrake Linux. Ive managed most of the tasks: Apache works, I've got Teamspeak up, my game server running and things looke pretty ok.

However, I have one Windows app I really need running. Its called Serverstat (www.serverstat.org) and what is does is it takes a game log file via FTP, parses it into a MS Access format database and publish the result on a webpage in HTML-format.

I have managed to download and install Wine, and I've gotten this app up, just not working very well. It looks like its missing something. I dont know if the solution is the same for every VB6 app, but if anyone could help me or walk me through this I would very much appreciate it!

Sincerely,
    Chrysis

Just Joined!
    You might try installing WineTools. You can download it from this site. From there you can install Visual Basic Runtimes. Hope this helps, and make sure to let us know how it goes, I'm curious myself...

Good Luck
    -Matt