Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK so I have my computer dual booting with Windows XP and SUSE 10.2. I want to install programs in windows and use them Linux using wine. Is this possible? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Programs on windows partition

OK so I have my computer dual booting with Windows XP and SUSE 10.2. I want to install programs in windows and use them Linux using wine. Is this possible?

If so I have another question to make it easier to use wine I was told people write up scripts. I was wondering how I could go about making these scripts and if after I make them would I only have to click an icon to run the script?

Quote Originally Posted by GODDLY
    OK so I have my computer dual booting with Windows XP and SUSE 10.2. I want to install programs in windows and use them Linux using wine. Is this possible?

If so I have another question to make it easier to use wine I was told people write up scripts. I was wondering how I could go about making these scripts and if after I make them would I only have to click an icon to run the script?
    on some softwares it's possible. but on most, it wont. Since alot of complex softwares needed the windows registry and stuffs. But maybe you can try installing on both windows and wine targeting the same folder.