Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a genealogy program running well with wine, there is however one thing that bothers me: the program can create html files, one type being called "C:\windows\temp\aldfaertmp.html" (note ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question c: or C: in wine

Hi,
    I have a genealogy program running well with wine, there is however one thing that bothers me: the program can create html files, one type being called "C:\windows\temp\aldfaertmp.html" (note only C: is uppercase); the file is however not created, I can not find it anywhere, and my guess is that it be the uppercase C: because it seems that wine ceates a dummy c: with lowercase.
    Is it possible to create a dummy C: in wine with uppercase?

Not sure how Wine stores the data (i think it's in ~/.wine/c_drive) you could try symlinking a folder called C_drive to this, in the same location. something like:
    Code:
    ln -s c_drive C_drive
    in the ~/.wine folder should do this, see if that helps.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Wine works with either c: or C:, and that makes sense since it is emulating Windows which works with either.

However, you might look in the C: root for a file named windowstempaldfaertmp.html. You often need to use double backslashes because, depending on how you are entering the filename, Bash or Linux may process it first.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close