Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I successfully installed Worms World Party through Wine...but now when I run the EXE...absolutely nothing happens. What's going on....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble running somethings in WINE.

I successfully installed Worms World Party through Wine...but now when I run the EXE...absolutely nothing happens.
    What's going on.

Try running from the command line and post the errors you get.
    Not trying to discourage you but I also tried running worms without any success.

Just Joined!
    I'm a Linux n00b and not sure what to type to actually RUN from the terminal <_<

Well i'm always open to help a linux newbie

ok, well i'm sure you know what terminal IS, as you've managed to install worms world party.

In the terminal, you'll want to type 'wine' without the quotations of course. then as ALWAYS, type a space between commands and then just paste, drag or type the directory/location of worms.exe or any file for that matter.

For Example:
    Code:
    randomuser@Desktop: wine /home/randomuser/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Team17/Worms\ World\ Party/wormsworldparty.exe
    Don't obviously copy that exact text because it's probably wrong (I just guessed).

You'll notice that I placed a \ before spaces in folder names. This is so that terminal knows that it is a directory space, not a command property.

Hope that helps
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    George S. Patton

Just Joined!
    Aha!

Thankyou, buddy

Right, this is what I get when I type in the code

steve@steve-laptop:~$ wine /home/steve/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Team17/Worms\ World\ Party/wwp.exe
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Team17\\Worms World Party\\wwp.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Team17\\Worms World Party\\wwp.exe" failed, status c0000135

Just Joined!
    Thanks for that, but when I try and run it in, it gives me

r3, aborting
    wine: Call from 0x7bc57e05 to unimplemented function msvcrt.dll.__CxxFrameHandler3, aborting
    wine: Call from 0x7bc57e05 to unimplemented function msvcrt.dll.__CxxFrameHandler3, aborting
    wine: Call from 0x7bc57e05 to unimplemented function msvcrt.dll.__CxxFrameHandle
    Over and over and over O_o

What version of wine are you using ? Try going to www.winehq.org and getting the latest one.
    I'm out of ideas.

Just Joined!
    I used Cedega and got through the menu screens easily.
    Then when I tried to start a game it just crashed out.

Just Joined!
    Use the howto in wine's appdb: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3905

You might then be able to run it with the shortcut. If not, you'll need to start it from a terminal at the wwp directory, like so:
    Code:
    cd /home/steve/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Team17/Worms\ World\ Party/
    wine wwp.exe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast