Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo all, im one of the newest to have installed Linux i believe (1 week ago). Im newbie in linux but im starting to get a grip of things. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WINE Questions on Ubuntu

Hallo all, im one of the newest to have installed Linux i believe (1 week ago).
    Im newbie in linux but im starting to get a grip of things.
    The only thing i havent managed yet is to install and work wine.i have the latest Ubuntu Version(7.04), i have downloaded wine lots of times and done many things some documentation mentioned, but i cant seem to make it work. I installed ubuntu without dual booting operation systems (i mean i \only have linux installed).
    can someone give me a hint on how to work wine From Scratch.Like ive never worked it/installed it before.i dont know what folders to create and how to find the files needed.Plus i get numerous errors when i press winecfg in terminal(like fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 40 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL).
    Please help!!!

Than you in advance

i installed wine from automatix and have been able to install several games so far. there might be a trick to it but so far i didnt see anything.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Just Joined!
    You can just open a terminal and type:
    "sudo apt-get install wine"

And wine should be installed correctly.