Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have no clue wat 2 do!!! i had 2 download from a different pc & burn it 2 a cd.it comes up with .tbz wen i open it on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

very confused with wine install

i have no clue wat 2 do!!! i had 2 download from a different pc & burn it 2 a cd.it comes up with .tbz wen i open it on ubuntu. where do i go from here???i have newest wine & ubuntu dapper..please help cuz that damn user guide is confusing 2 me

Just Joined!
    also:wats a source code & binary??

Quote Originally Posted by zune_dogg88 View Post
    i have no clue wat 2 do!!! i had 2 download from a different pc & burn it 2 a cd.it comes up with .tbz wen i open it on ubuntu. where do i go from here???i have newest wine & ubuntu dapper..please help cuz that damn user guide is confusing 2 me
    The easiest way to get WINE in Ubuntu is to use Ubuntu's built-in package installer. You should see an icon for "Add/Remove Programs" or something similar in your menu system. That will open up the Synaptic Package Manager. You can then search for "wine" and install the package that pops up.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

also:wats a source code & binary??
    Source code is exactly what it sounds like: code that gets interpreted into instructions for your computer. Source code by itself won't run; it has to be compiled (translated) into machine code first. Unless you're a programmer you will likely never want to download the source code for a program.

Binaries are executable files. Think of them like EXE files in Microsoft Windows. They have already been compiled and should execute without any special steps on your part.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    searched 4 wine in both places & nothing is found

searched 4 wine in both places & nothing is found
    Is your Ubuntu install connected to the internet?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    nope, i cant.i got this usb wifi & linux enabled stick but the software is an .exe file & cant open it,thats y im tryin wine,,im on roomate computer

nope, i cant.i got this usb wifi & linux enabled stick but the software is an .exe file & cant open it,thats y im tryin wine,,im on roomate computer
    Well, Ubuntu's software manager will not work without a source for the packages. Usually this means the internet. Start a thread in the "Wireless Internet" section and we can probably help you get that set up.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants