Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Crossover maby? I do not now if it will work but try it...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hmm..

Crossover maby?
    I do not now if it will work but try it

I make changes in $HOME/.wine/config as it was written in http://patrick.spacesurfer.com/ie_wine_install.html but when I try to start setup I see several times this message:

in console there is:
    [eugrus@eugrus IE6RUS]$ wine IE6SETUP.EXE
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourc eW Animated icons not correctly implemented! 0x41890000
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourc eW icon entry found! 0x41890000
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourc eW icon size ok. offset=0x41890074
    Could not load 'SETUPX.DLL' required by 'W95INF16', error=2
    err:thunk:_loadthunk (W95INF16.DLL, w95thk_ThunkData16, W95INF32.DLL): Unable to load 'W95INF16.DLL', error 2
    err:thunk:_loadthunk (W95INF16.DLL, w95thk_ThunkData16, W95INF32.DLL): Unable to load 'W95INF16.DLL', error 2
    IE6

Linux Engineer
    IE6 runs flawlessly under Codewavers Crossover. I use Crossover for 2 apps, one of which requires IE to be installed, hence it's why it's there. And as has been said, it's useful for checking page rendering when I'm cobbling web pages together,
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    IE6 runs flawlessly under Codewavers Crossover. I use Crossover for 2 apps, one of which requires IE to be installed, hence it's why it's there. And as has been said, it's useful for checking page rendering when I'm cobbling web pages together,
    CrossOver is a commercial pack and I can not find crack for that

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by eugrus
    I should hope not either. Cough up the cash, you know it makes sense
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Newbie
    if you get konqueror you can make it act like IE. if i were you i would give konqueror a try

dwm
    Just Joined!
    Check out crossofice. It has a 30 day test which is free. You may like it so much that you will purchase it like I did... As like you I needed IE for only one specific item. It works great with CrossOffice.

but I sill want to use wine for runing IE6

CrossOver is just a set of ready on configs of wine for different applications
    Russian UNIX Forums
    http://eugrus.pp.ru

Just Joined!

:)

why don't try frank's winetools. It is a wonderful tool that installs dcom98,ie6sp1 and mediaplayer automatically.

check here http://frankscorner.org/index.php

thx

edit : use normal wine. first install wine and then use winetool to configure it. don't use winesetuptk or other utilities if you will try winetools. cause it wants clean config of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by eugrus
    I should hope not either. Cough up the cash, you know it makes sense
    Codeweavers CrossOver office is reasonable. It is worth the money and It works flawlessly in Slackware 10 Right down to the pop-ups. I did it just to see if I could do it. I could. I installed it and it had to do 3 virtual reboots. It is hilarious. It even goes out to windows updates and gets updates then makes you do virtual reboots again (virtual reboots happen in a shell you don't need to actually reboot your machine. ) So finally I got all the updates and patches and I go surf and right away I got pop-ups. I quickly deleted it, but I do admittedly use word and powerpoint from time to time.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast