Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have FC7 and a USB wireless adapter. How can I make FC7 recognize the USB card. When I go into the network settings and try to configure a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I get FC7 to recognize my USB Card?

I have FC7 and a USB wireless adapter. How can I make FC7 recognize the USB card. When I go into the network settings and try to configure a new wireless device it only lists "eth" ports. I am a n00b to this and trying trying to get a linux box on my wireless connection. On the ndiswrapper website it says my adapter will work if I work at it.

I just found this "Other: With 2.6.16 and later kernels, RNDIS devices are not initialized (when device is plugged in, nothing happens). To get it going, you need to set the variable bConfigurationValue in sysfs. An easy way to do this is to add this: BUS==”usb”, SYSFS{idProduct}==”0026”, SYSFS{idVendor}==”13b1”, PROGRAM=”/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1 > /sys/%p/device/bConfigurationValue’” to /etc/udev/rules.d/<ruleFilename> file and restart udev. For FC6 <ruleFilename> is 50-udev.rules." but I don't know anything about what its telling me to do. I think my kernel is newer than 2.6.16 so this could be my problem.

What chipset is in the USB card? Do 'lsusb' from the command line and it should tell you. If it's one that's supported in Linux, then all you'll have to do is add a line like 'alias eth1 <chipset_driver>' in your /etc/modprobe.conf file.

If it's not, then you might find yourself dicking around with ndiswrapper. If you can post up here what chipset you have (use that command above), we'll help where we can.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/