Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I am a Linux newbie, and daily I am a Windows user. But I bought a new Atheros AR5008 card from SparkLAN and need to change its Vendor ID, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Atheros AR5008 under Linux

Hi!

I am a Linux newbie, and daily I am a Windows user. But I bought a new Atheros AR5008 card from SparkLAN and need to change its Vendor ID, PCI ID and Subsystem ID to get it working with my Thinkpad X41.
    I am using this guide:

dagarlas.org computing - Workaround for HP notebooks with bios minipci lock

But I cannot find a Linux driver for my wireless card. Does anyone know where to find a Linux driver for AR5008?

Otherwise, does anybody know if there exists a utility for Windows/DOS to do the same thing as idchange does? (changing the ID's of my mPCI card)?

The new Atheros AR5008 is 802.11n. Madwifi has experimental drivers for your device. See this page.

EDIT: I was just checking those and there doesn't seem to be anything there... Hmmmm.... I'll look into it some more...

EDIT 2: Ah! Here we go...
    Link

Just checked the links in budman7's post and those don't work either...
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 08-20-2007 at 05:25 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The new Atheros AR5008 is 802.11n. Madwifi has experimental drivers for your device. See this page.

EDIT: I was just checking those and there doesn't seem to be anything there... Hmmmm.... I'll look into it some more...

Thank you very much for your reply. I have been at that site before, but unfortunately the links did not work.
    Thanks for the work you put into this, because it really nags me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I wonder why MadWifi would have experimental drivers and now they don't. Everything I'm seeing says MadWifi does not yet support the AR5008, however. I'm also seeing where good results are being seen using ndiswrapper. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 08-20-2007 at 05:34 PM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here