Hi,

Most of the documentation I Google is in other languages. I have an Acer Aspire 5100 with a Atheros ar5005g wireless network card.

I have found it very simple to get it working on open wireless networks in Fedora 7 and Wifiway 0.8. I just looked up the basic initialization instructions for Madwifi.

The problem I'm having is trying to get the wifi0 V.A.P. created under Wifiway. When I type "wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta" I get an error of "wlanconfig: ioctl: Input/output error".

Now the reason I need wifi0 Virtual AP is for Airoway. Airoway needs wifi0 to INJECT ARPs.

So at the moment I can connect to my network if I have it open. But if I were to lose my WEP key and forget my router's password (theoretically), then I would obviously be stuck.

I just don't get where the ioctl error comes in to play. Does this indicate that madwifi does not have VAP compatibility with Atheros driver/hardware. Or maybe there's something I can change or do on the command line that would be a simple fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!