Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm quite a N00b with Ubuntu and linux and general and would love to get started with this beautiful operating system but I'm still having a problem with wireless. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Wireless on an Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook for Ubuntu

Hi! I'm quite a N00b with Ubuntu and linux and general and would love to get started with this beautiful operating system but I'm still having a problem with wireless. I've used some madwifi codes to enter into the terminal and used the Ubuntu wiki guide for the macbook to have wireless working but those codes have not worked. Do I need the packages from madwifi in order for the terminal codes to work? Do I need to have a working internet connection via ethernet to download packages so I can code in the terminal? Please help!

Thank You,

iAppleuser

P.S. I'm typing this from Mac OS X as I have absolutely no internet connection in Ubuntu!

Just Joined!
    This is an excellent guide to get your wireless working in minutes

wireless on macbook + ubuntu Ubuntu + PHP

Regular Macbooks (not Macbook Pros) generally have Intel-based wireless cards in them, which are very well supported in Linux. You should be able to tell right off the bat if you boot up with a LiveCD distribution such as Ubuntu.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    My intel core 2 duo macbook had the broadcom card in it. It is fairly new, about 3 months old.

iAppleUser, if you have no internet connection you'll have to download the packages using your mac (download dependencies aswell if any) and then log into ubuntu and mount the mac partition by clicking on places in the main menu and then Macintosh HD. You can then copy the files to your home directory and follow the rest of the tutorial.