Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed Lenny distribution of Debian on my laptop (a DELL 1501). I found this to be the only Linux which it liked due to the SATA IDE controllers ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face Lenny wireless - BTHomeHub

I have installed Lenny distribution of Debian on my laptop (a DELL 1501). I found this to be the only Linux which it liked due to the SATA IDE controllers (and it wasn't simple even then).

I'd like to use my Linux to connect with the house's BT Home Hub. This I can do via the menu systems. It finds the network and asks for a key (which I believe to be a 64bit WEP in hex). It doesn't however like this and will ask again and again.

How do I put it to the box that thekey is correct? I have read in the booklet that for Macintosh wireless a "$" is prefixed - is there a similar trick?

Thanks.

vgg
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjaduthie View Post
    I have installed Lenny distribution of Debian on my laptop (a DELL 1501). I found this to be the only Linux which it liked due to the SATA IDE controllers (and it wasn't simple even then).

I'd like to use my Linux to connect with the house's BT Home Hub. This I can do via the menu systems. It finds the network and asks for a key (which I believe to be a 64bit WEP in hex). It doesn't however like this and will ask again and again.

How do I put it to the box that thekey is correct? I have read in the booklet that for Macintosh wireless a "$" is prefixed - is there a similar trick?

Thanks.
    you might try prefixing your key with s: as this will indicate that the key is in ascii

Vito