Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have recently installed DSLinux, i have very little knowledge of the operating system but i cannot connect to the internet i found that.. Under: home/etc/resolv.conf I find that my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IP settings dont match

I have recently installed DSLinux, i have very little knowledge of the operating system but i cannot connect to the internet i found that..

Under: home/etc/resolv.conf

I find that my DNS and IP address dont match my actual settings as on windows, but i cannot edit them to my settings.

Im pretty sure this will solve my problem. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how i edit the settings or is there another way?

I thought linux was to automatically detect Internet settings? Will i constantly have to change my ip settings every couple of days each time it address expires?

Thanks Rick

Linux Enthusiast
    In terminal, type:
    Code:
    dhclient
    it will try to find DHCP server, and if successful, it will setup networking automatically.

Just Joined!
    thanks mate, i have security on my wireless internet though. how do i go about entering it?

Linux Enthusiast
    I thought you were talking about wired connection. I don't know if DSL has wireless drivers installed that would work with your NIC. Try using Ubuntu CD if you need wireless connection.

Just Joined!
    ahhh thanks mate, ill get right on it.

cheers