Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all I have googled this issue for a very long time without any luck... so lets have a try here Basically the titles says it, when i try to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KnetworkManager + WPA-TKIP stuck at 28%

Hello all

I have googled this issue for a very long time without any luck... so lets have a try here

Basically the titles says it, when i try to associate to my Siemens Gigaset SE505 wireless router with WPA+TKIP, KNetworkManager attempts to connect and gets stuck at 28%.

The wireless card i am using is a buffalo wli-g54a -broadcom chipset 4318 that works nicely without any encryption (for example at my school wlan).

I have also realized that everytime i reinstall Knetworkmanager + wpasupplicant +networkmanager, I get connected for the first time with encryption, if i disconnect then the 28% problems comes...

I tried with an usb wlan card and got the same behavior. I experienced this while running kubuntu 7.04 and now when using freespire 2.0.6 on an ibm t30.
    Im running the KNetworkManager v.0.1.

Any hints? workarounds?

cheers

Linux Guru
    Have you tried connecting using terminal commands like ifup/ifdown? It may then give you more information on why it is hanging up. I don't know if there is a verbose option for those commands (-v), but that would give even more information.

Since it seems to be an encryption problem, are you sure that the card supports wireless encryption? Also try disabling wpa_supplicant, because I don't believe it is needed with knetworkmanager (I could be wrong). It is needed if you use the ifup/if down commands.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Hi Paul

Thanks for your help. I solved the issue anyway.. I just forgot about using knetwork manager, there is a known bug about this (also the other way around, meaning stuck at 28% withouth any encryption).

So, i basically went some versions down with wpa_supplicant. The latest version would not complete the wpa handshake with my access point. Now I am using wpa_supplicant version 0.4.8-3unbuntu1.1 and the latest ndiswrapper. However, with wpa_supplicant im using the wext driver because with ndiswrapper wpa_supplicant didnt work either... weird stuff but working...

Thanks a lot