Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am a complete noob when it comes to Linux. I have Xandros on dual boot but my Atheros AR5007EG built in wireless lan card will not install. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Usuall Wireless Question?

Hi

I am a complete noob when it comes to Linux. I have Xandros on dual boot but my Atheros AR5007EG built in wireless lan card will not install. I have run the command

ndiswrapper -i athr.sys

This takes me back to the command prompt. When i run ndiswrapper -l i get an error to the effect of Driver Failure.

Any Ideas?

Just Joined!
    OK i have just tried to use MadWifi

I CD into the directory and use the command 'Make'. The error then comes up:

' /bin/sh Line 66 I: CD /lib/modules/2.6.18-dcc-smp/build - No such file or directory'

Any help would be gladly appreciated?

Linux Guru
    I think that this means that you don't have the kernel source installed. In the Synaptic Package Manager look for and install "linux-source-<your-kernel-version>".
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    he can also open up a terminal and type sudo apt-get install linux-source-(version) and then open up a terminal and type sudo apt-get install madwifi-source

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    he can also open up a terminal and type sudo apt-get install linux-source-(version) and then open up a terminal and type sudo apt-get install madwifi-source
    So assuming i follow this exactly, will it install the kernal source for me or will i have to do something else?

Linux Guru
    This will only work if you have apt installed, and your distro is set up for the sudo command.

I don't know anything about Xandros, or what type of package manager it uses. How do you update it?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure myself how to update xandros or what kind of package manager it uses because i'm a Debian user and i know i use adept or synaptic either one is fine for me and using the visudo command while in a single-user startup environment i can add the user to the sudoers list. Maybe you can update it from the administration drop-down menu from desktop and choose the package manger xandros may or may not use.