Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running ubuntu 7.10 and have a wireless networks that has an apple airport express and a d-link wgl-g122 usb wireless adapter. It connects to the network but it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ubuntu wireless unstable

I am running ubuntu 7.10 and have a wireless networks that has an apple airport express and a d-link wgl-g122 usb wireless adapter. It connects to the network but it is very unstable It wil sometimes stay connected for hours but most of the time it will drop out in 10 - 20min. The only way to connect again is pull out the wireless card or restart the computer after it has dropped out a few times. Is there anything that i can do to make the connection more stable so that it does not drop out whist i am downloading updates and using the internet. It is stable in windows just not ubuntu

Ive heard something from Apple Airport thing.
    But I am not sure its about this, I heard it on this Technical Podcast.
    They said something that it goes sleeping if it doesnt get connected or does something for s Short While.
    So that might be the problem.

Not sure though..
    Sorry...
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Just Joined!
    Thanks RobinVossen I will look into the airport settings, and maybe even get something elce it was only a quick easy and relativly cheap way to get our network going at the time

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close