Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I can't figure it out, please someone else help if you know what to do. I have a Linksys Wireless G Router and Wireless G USB network adapter. My ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Wink Wireless Networking Problems

Ok, I can't figure it out, please someone else help if you know what to do. I have a Linksys Wireless G Router and Wireless G USB network adapter. My host computer is using Windows XP and there is no problems. My downstairs computer, which I'm trying to connect to the internet, is running on Windows ME. My problem is, the client computer downstairs IS recieving a signal from the Router just fine, but I cannot get the internet! I've tryed setting it up in Internet Options under Tools, tried setting it up using XP's wireless networking program setup thingy for when your setting up a wireless network. Nothing works. And I'll state the problem again. Windows ME computer is recieving a signal from the Router, but I can't get the internet to work. Its not Windows XP firewall upstairs, because we've tried that. Also, a friend of mine brought his laptop over, and connected to my router in like 3 seconds, and was playing WoW and going on the internet. I've lost almost all for this computer. I believe the problem is dealing with my OS, so please someone help!

* SPAM URLs removed by Moderator -
    please refer to the Forum Rules!
    Last edited by oz; 12-21-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed spam URLs

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    As far as am concerned, that is a frequency problem so what u do is setup,so what u do is go to http://router ip/Wireless_Basic.asp then change the ¨wireless network mode -> mixed¨.Then, change the wireless mode settings of the card to auto mode, it could be in a low bandwidth.

Cheers
    RObin

Linux Guru
    Not to sound too sarcastic, but dump Windows ME and install Linux!
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    Is there a linux version on this computer?
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    I agree... why would anyone be using ME. scrap that peice of s**t OS and throw linux on there asap