Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Newby: cannot connect to internet??

Hello all,
    I am new to Linux and using Mandrakelinux 10.1 Advanced PowerPack and a 3com (3CRWE154G72) Wireless 11g PC Card on a Del Latitude Cpx Laptop. I have been trying for 3 days now to work out how to get onto internet, have spnt a long time looking at forum posts, but have to admit that I am beaten. Please help I do not want to revert to windows....too many viruses etc.
    When booting up 'Bringing up interface eth0 and shorewall both fail. I have a copy of Madwifi-0.9.3.3 on CDRom, but cannot load it....sorry too many years in the spell of Mr Microsoft. The PMCIA Card shows up in the hardware configuration.

forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, Bigjack08!

I have no experience at all with wireless so can't help directly but since no one else has responded, you can take a look at this wireless howto if you haven't done so already, to see if it offers any helpful advice.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

To determine the correct driver for your card, first you need to know what chipset it uses. NDISwrapper may not be the best driver.
    Code:
    # lspci
    Post the output of this command.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close