Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got linux (ubuntu) installed on an old ibm desktop i had. A teacher at school told me linux was so great and it was faster and blah blah ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need help installing wg311

I just got linux (ubuntu) installed on an old ibm desktop i had. A teacher at school told me linux was so great and it was faster and blah blah blah, i have linux now, no Xp, and i don't have any internet. The same teacher told me to buy a new wireless card which i did, wg311, but now i can't make anything work, i need help on like an infant level and it is pissing me off beyond any belief. i know i need ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant but i have no idea how to install them, i have them both on a flash drive. Please someone help me! give me step by step instructions as if you were talking to someone that knows nothing about kernals or apt-get install. Please help! Right now the only thing i know to do is open up terminal. After that i'm completely lost

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

I don't run Ubuntu, but check out this HowTo for steps on setting up your card. Hopefuly, that will get you up and running.
    oz

Just Joined!
    i'll try this guide later but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i have real problems installing or basically doing anything with linux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    some breakthrough, i was able to install ndiswrapper so i used the command sudo ndiswrapper -i mrv8335.inf and it said it installed
    so i checked with ndiswrapper -l and it said mrv8335: driver installed
    but it did not list any devices as present. so i hit ndiswrapper -a devid mrv8335 using the pci id i generated using lspci -n but it returned saying mrv8335 wasn't installed (properly)! what should i do from here?

also i wan't to try again so how would i delete the drivers that are on ndiswrapper?

Just Joined!
    this can be deleted i got it up and running, posting from my new working comp thanks for the help