Find the answer to your Linux question:
Originally Posted by Psycho 85602 After having fedora 8 installed on my system, it was instantly connected to the internet. My guess is either your card is incompatible (for now), ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Is TrendNet TEW-441PC wifi card Supported?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho 85602 View Post
    After having fedora 8 installed on my system, it was instantly connected to the internet. My guess is either your card is incompatible (for now), not generic enough, or you need drivers for it.
    sorry for the forum ressurect/hijack, but I have a TrendNet TEW-441PC wifi card jammed in the side of my NEC VersaProVA10J laptop.

is this card compatible with Linux? I really need to be able to use the wifi at school! I looked for drivers and got nowhere........

also, the school uses weird LEAP internet or something similar.... will that work with Linux/?

Linux Guru
    To find more detailed info about the card, run this command and post the output.

Code:
    lspci
    Also, which Linux distro are you using?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

I did all that lspci stuff and found that I needed the madwifi drivers off livna

Im on FC8, and under my network devices, I have a wlan0, but no matter what kind of options I try for it, it cant get an IP address for it..

Linux Guru
    You should have a ath0 entry. I assume that you followed the directions in their entirety?
    UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo - madwifi.org - Trac
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    You should have a ath0 entry. I assume that you followed the directions in their entirety?
    UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo - madwifi.org - Trac

oddly enough it works now. even though it says it isnt connected.....?

*confusion*

im on the internet with it now though....

Linux Guru
    I seem to have some trouble with my wireless on Fedora 8. It will only connect to an AP at bootup. I can't seem to change AP's on the fly. At my LUG meeting, I had to boot up, let it see the AP (unencrypted), and then reboot. It then connected after the reboot, there was no password needed, so I don't understand this.

I really wanted to make Fedora work on my laptop, but this is not acceptable. I know that it works fine under my Suse 10.2 partition. I guess I will wait for Suse 11.0 to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    I seem to have some trouble with my wireless on Fedora 8. It will only connect to an AP at bootup. I can't seem to change AP's on the fly. At my LUG meeting, I had to boot up, let it see the AP (unencrypted), and then reboot. It then connected after the reboot, there was no password needed, so I don't understand this.

I really wanted to make Fedora work on my laptop, but this is not acceptable. I know that it works fine under my Suse 10.2 partition. I guess I will wait for Suse 11.0 to upgrade.
    this seems to be the same issue i have.

Thankfully Fedora is running on a battery-less laptop that i just use for linux work for school.......so I dont have to worry too much. its just one less wire in my desk tangle....

hopefully a fix shows up