Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a client who has an enormous house, with solid brick walls and concrete florrs who would like a strong wireless signal from his Linksys adsl modem / router ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wireless problem

i have a client who has an enormous house, with solid brick walls and concrete florrs who would like a strong wireless signal from his Linksys adsl modem / router all over the house...(i want a ferrari, but hey - i know how real life goes...)

I am looking into ways of improving his signal and seeing as he already has a linksys wireless router, a linksys wireless print server - this eems the ideal solution, but i have never used one before - have you ?

or have you any suggestions ?

(killing him is not an option - he pays my wages)

Alohas
    Hawaiianwizard

Linux Guru
    You may need to install remote antennas in each room.
    http://www.motorola.com/business/v/i...008406b00aRCRD
    They attach to one of their wireless switches.

We have something like this in the offices at work. I don't know how it works, though I can ask for you. This antenna here looks a lot like the ones at work.

Be for warned, it may not be cheap.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianwizard View Post
    i have a client who has an enormous house, with solid brick walls and concrete florrs who would like a strong wireless signal from his Linksys adsl modem / router all over the house...(i want a ferrari, but hey - i know how real life goes...)

Alohas
    Hawaiianwizard
    Hello hawaiianwizard my advice is to try and use "wireless bridging". You can connect different AP's in order to extend and improve the signal. From my own experience this can be done using Linksys routers, previously I used the WRT54GL (love Linux) with Tomato, you can buy an extra router and try it. I believe the default firmware supports wireless bridging.

The WT54GL cost's around 60 USD.

Suggested Link
    Wireless bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Thanks for all the response, looks like we got it under control now.

Alohas