Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks, it doesn't give the chipset, but the ID is enough. I did a search on the ID number, and it seems that there are no Linux drivers to worry ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Thanks, it doesn't give the chipset, but the ID is enough.

I did a search on the ID number, and it seems that there are no Linux drivers to worry about for that wireless. You will have to use NDISwrapper. I did find two links on getting it to work with NDISwrapper. One thing is to use the latest version of NDISwrapper (you are). It also says to use the NETUSB.inf driver file, not the wusb11v4.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...-wusb11v4.html
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi..._(ndiswrapper)

if it still doesn't work, you can troll the supported card list on the NDISwrapper wiki, and look for other listed drivers. Use the "Find in this Page" option in Firefox, and search for the ID number (13b1:000b).
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    I should have read the link more completely. It seems that you are using the correct driver. Do you also have the m4301a.sys file in the same folder?

Follow the Ubuntu one, that seems to fit your need.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Hm... I'm pretty sure the build-essential package comes with gcc and make and all that stuff, so I got that covered...

Well, looking over the guide I've basically done all that stuff. I guess I'll just make a back up of /etc/network/interfaces and replace it if there are problems...

EDIT: Yea, checked my sources, m4301a.sys was hanging out with wusb11v4.inf.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2