Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well this is an amazing site. Anyways I purchased a new wireless router and it installed Broadcom 802.11g and I've done everything I can think of to include installing the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Broadcom will not connect

Well this is an amazing site. Anyways I purchased a new wireless router and it installed Broadcom 802.11g and I've done everything I can think of to include installing the software multiple times and configured avery avenue I could explore but to baffle me more it just will NOT CONNECT I use a bulk e-mailer program and it requires the 802.11g to be activated. Something keeps it dis-connected.

I'm lost as to the next step to get this system program to ► activate.◄

Note: It's Broadcom 802.11g Driver version Windows XP Pro: 3.100.64.1

Linux Guru
    First, provide some information.

What distro/kernel are you using?
    What type of wireless is it? PCI, USB or other type?
    What driver are you trying to use? (b43/bcm43xx, rt, ath, ipw, NDISwrapper etc.)

You talk about a wireless router. Routers do not need a driver to be installed on a PC, as they are networked and use network protocol.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!

Wink Broadcom 802.11g Won't connect.

Hi Paul, Recapping your question:

What distro/kernel are you using?
    What type of wireless is it? PCI, USB or other type?
    What driver are you trying to use? (b43/bcm43xx, rt, ath, ipw, NDISwrapper etc.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, I connect the router via cable (USB) to the wireless router input line-1.
    The WLAN attaches to the HUB.

Kernel ? no way to locate it...

Driver:
    BCMWL5.SYS Version: 3.100.64.1, Not digitally signed, Privider: Broadcom Corporation

Details:
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_044914E4&REV_02\4&138 26118&0&10A4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    This looks like Windows stuff to me. Are you even running Linux? To get the kernel version you enter this in a terminal.
    Code:
    uname -r
    I am having trouble visualizing your hardware setup. Do you have any links to the hardware that you purchased? Is this a commercial internet provider that connects through wireless? Like the Motorola Canopy system?

You do bulk emailing? I won't help someone that does SPAM!
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!

Broadcom 802.11g Won't connect.

First of all I do not send "SPAM"
    Not only that it's against the law and E-Commarce.and the only way to be mailed is to subscribe to my e-zine. It's a pouperie if events around Central Florida and the Beaches here in the Sunshine State. And as always there's an oldies song which my subscribers enjoy listening to such as the Drifters, Bee Gees, Bobby Vinton and a host of others.

----------------------
    I use Windows XP Professional, and the only reason I'm in this forum is that Linux was the supplier of Broadcom 802.11g software which will not connect to enable my e-mailer. On the instillation CD with the wireless transciever.

Sorry, I'm not on a terminal but a Gateway laptop running Windows XP Pro Ver 7.x

The only Kernel software on this computer is "Kernel32.Dll"

Linux Guru
    Well, I didn't think that you would've mentioned it if you really did send spam.

You can't run Linux stuff on a Windows box. You say that the software that you got is for Linux, but the driver info that you posted is Windows stuff. The bcmwl5.sys is a common broadcom driver. It is usually paired with an .inf file, sometimes it has the same name, sometimes not.

You never said the make/model of the equipment that needs this driver. This may help in figuring this out.