Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Actually, KNetworkManager is a frontend for the NetworkManager daemon. So I guess that you do need NetworkManager-gnome. Sorry for the confusion....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Actually, KNetworkManager is a frontend for the NetworkManager daemon. So I guess that you do need NetworkManager-gnome. Sorry for the confusion.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    ok so here is an update

i installed network_manager. took me a while to track down all that was needed to install it. that was not very easy, took a lot of google time

so this is where i am now: knetworkmanger wont install

configure runs perfectly, but it bugs on the make. i get this as soon as i run make:

WARNING: use unsermake instead of make or use a wrapper script, e.g. makeobj!!!
    unsermake all
    make: unsermake: Command not found
    make: *** [all] Error 127

any clues? never seen this kind of error before...

Linux Guru
    Unsermake is a version of make. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be very popular and I don't see anywhere to download it from. The links that I did find seem to be dead. You could look in the Slackware repositories for it. There is a program called automake that may work as a substitute for unsermake, but I'm not sure of this.

Why don't just you install NetworkManager from the Slackware repositories?

You could try kdenetwork or knemo to see if those have a network manager type of application.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    More info:

KNetworkManager is a KDE frontend for the GNOME NetworkManager daemon. So, you would need some gnome files installed for this. I don't think that you will ever get it to work in Slackware. There seems to be a lot of resistance to this. Look through this rather long thread about it:
    NetworkManager on Slackware 12 - LinuxQuestions.org

Your best bet is to install a version of Linux that is more "user friendly".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2