Find the answer to your Linux question:
On my laptop, dell inspiron e1505 using the Intel Pro Wireless 3945abg card. I am thinking of formatting windows and using linux since im having issues with the buggy prowireless ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WPA-Enterprise Connection (Intel Card)

On my laptop, dell inspiron e1505 using the Intel Pro Wireless 3945abg card. I am thinking of formatting windows and using linux since im having issues with the buggy prowireless software. Im a bit of a linux newbie and need some help figuring out whats the best linux that supports wpa-enterprise connection and my intel card. Here is the connection type:

I need to use that kind of connection within linux using my card. So ya, help me pick the best linux to suit my needs

Linux Guru
    All Linux distributions will be able to use the same drivers, the web site for your card can be found here:
    Intel® Wireless WiFi Link drivers for Linux*

It says that the driver is included in kernel version 2.6.24 and newer. You would just need to make sure that you can get that kernel, usually through an upgrade.

Most newbies like Ubuntu, and the latest version comes with the 2.6.24 kernel. Go ahead and try several, openSUSE and Fedora are also popular.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.