Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am currently running Arch x64 and have an Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adaptor. I have attempted to get this working but I'm not really clear on what I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    RAH
    Just Joined!

Question Wireless Internet

Hi,

I am currently running Arch x64 and have an Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adaptor. I have attempted to get this working but I'm not really clear on what I should be doing. Where do I start?

Thanks.

According to this page you should install madwifi driver. For most distros it is as simple as choosing and installing madwifi via package manager.

RAH
    Just Joined!
    I have downloaded madwifi via my Windows installation and then attempted to install it (Arch Linux) however it's not recognising the "make" command. I can't obviously use pacman as there's no internet connection for it to use. Is there somehow I can get it on the install disc, any ideas?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Can't you download pacman packages in Windows? And use pacman to install these packages?

RAH
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    Can't you download pacman packages in Windows? And use pacman to install these packages?
    That sounds like a great idea but how do I go about that?

Hey, Arch is not my distro ... it took less than a minute to find this:
    Arch Linux - Package Search
    And this: ArchWiki :: Category:Package management (English - ArchWiki)

RAH
    Just Joined!
    Sorry but I still don't understand how to download a pacman version via Windows, don't see any download links on those pages you linked me to. The normal version doesn't work as "make" is apparently not a valid command.

RAH
    Just Joined!
    I attempted to install madwifi from the installation CD however for some reason it installed but doesn't show when booting back into the OS. Perhaps I should setup an ethernet internet connection first and use that to sort the rest? What is involved in doing so?

What do you mean by it's not showing. Is the device node for it created? Should be /etc/ath0. If it's there then the driver is loaded, rest is down to configuration.