Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys, Its summer time, and my room isn't air conditioned. Since I cannot stand this heat anymore, I decided to move to other stage. I have Toshiba Satellite p100-10p ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Talking Buying high-preformance wireless router help

Hello guys,

Its summer time, and my room isn't air conditioned. Since I cannot stand this heat anymore, I decided to move to other stage. I have Toshiba Satellite p100-10p laptop, which comes with:
    Wi-Fi Network Support : 802.11a/b/g Wireless Technology : Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g)
    My main task is using the internet and sometimes broadcast live (needs good connection).
    I was looking for following router:
    NETGEAR WPN824 RangeMax Wireless Router

I also assume, I will have to buy RangeMax PCIExpress card for my laptop, since I have only G wireless LAN.

What do you guys think? Can you tell me if this is a good wireless hardware? Any known issues?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

I'm not sure about that specific model but Netgear are pretty good in general. You're looking at getting a mini pci-e card? That's pretty cool, exactly what I did (though it was G).

Far too many people settle for external hardware rather than putting it inside like they should. There's some perception that 5 minutes installation is more hassle than something hanging out of the side of the laptop

Well, I will buy router first, if my internal LAN won't be good enaugh, I will buy a pcie card.

I would love to buy normal G router since I have only 0.8mbit connection at home, but the problem is that between stages is a lot of isolation and material, so...