Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Didn't a driver CD come with the wireless card? You can use the WinXP driver from that. Otherwise you would need to download it using another computer. You can also ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Didn't a driver CD come with the wireless card? You can use the WinXP driver from that. Otherwise you would need to download it using another computer.

You can also try the Linux driver that you have. The installation procedure is still the same.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    well, wouldn't the xp driver require ndiswrapper? i don't have it on this ubuntu boot and couldn't get it off the disk how you explained.

Linux Guru
    I'm out of suggestions.

You are in a catch-22 situation. You need internet access to get the driver that you need for the wireless, so that you have internet access.

I saw in your post of the lspci output that you have a wired LAN port too. Is this not working? You really need to find someone that will let you use their LAN to connect to the internet. I thought that if you have a wireless modem, then you could set up a wired connection too. Unless you connect at a coffee shop or similar place.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4