Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have just recently installed Xubuntu after playing around with BackTrack 3 live cd and the connectivity on Xubuntu has flaws. I did my research and i know my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Xubuntu Wireless Connection

Hello,

I have just recently installed Xubuntu after playing around with BackTrack 3 live cd and the connectivity on Xubuntu has flaws. I did my research and i know my Netgear (Atheros) is compatible with linux and with BackTrack 3 it worked great. Xubuntu wireless will not connect to ANY WEP networks (yes i do type in the correct key) infact using the network manager it will not let me type in the complete key(when i type it in as 00:00:00:00:00:00 It will cut off the last digit, when i type it in without ":" the connect button does not display itself as ready and it will not work). I used to connect to non-encryped networks fine and it provided good internet. Now when i even try to connect to that it will either not connect (0&#37 or when it has connected at around 43% the internet will not work. I will also need to include that i am very new to linux however, i have read all the forums i could find regarding ubuntu wireless trouble. None of them seem to resolve my issue.

Thank you for any help.

Just Joined!
    I am sorry for the post. I have found a way to correct my connection. Thank you