Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay basically, here is my setup. Cable Modem running to a WRT54G V5 Router. I installed DD-WRT v24 on the router however. The router is connected (wired) to one Dell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wireless Setup HELP!

Okay basically, here is my setup.

Cable Modem running to a WRT54G V5 Router. I installed DD-WRT v24 on the router however. The router is connected (wired) to one Dell connected to a printer.

Now this is in the living room. In my room I have a Wireless-g PCI Adapter connecting to my computer. I have that bridged with the Local Area Connection so I can connect my Xbox 360 into my computer and get a connection as well.

The problem with this is that I don't know how to set up my DD-WRT Firmware to allow for my bedrooms connection wirelessly without affecting the wired connection.

I am a noob at networking and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Linux Guru
    I'm not sure I understand the problem. If you have a wireless modem, then it has both wired LAN ports and wifi access. You should configure the wireless side using WPA-TKIP security.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.