Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The information on the aircrack site is saying I need to install the other drivers for its program to work. If its loading the drivers I need to connect there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

The information on the aircrack site is saying I need to install the other drivers for its program to work.

If its loading the drivers I need to connect there a step I am missing then, when I try to access my network it fails.

If you don't mind I also have this post I have concerns with =)
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...tml#post613506

Linux Guru
    Have you set them up as network devices?
    Look at the output of this command for any wireless messages and errors.
    Code:
    dmesg
    I don't know why Aircrack is so important. I connect with my wireless daily, and have never needed it. If you are trying to crack into wireless networks where you haven't been granted access, then I won't help you with that.

My help is now finished.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skined View Post
    Hello,

I'm on a Inspiron 1525 with Vista, Fedora 9, and a Linksys WUSB54Gv4 USB network adaptor. My concern is that Linux is unable to conect to any networks, But I can conect with Vista no problem so I know the card is working and I am in range of the router.

On a side note I have no idea what to do with linux, today is my first day with this OS.

I need somebody to hold my hand to set this up I am a little lost in this new world,

Thank you,
    Aeris-Skined
    I give kudos to Fedora 9, at least, with using a Zydas-based chipset usb wireless adapter. I have no problems (knock on wood) in Fedora 9 with my usb wireless adapter. It's the only distro so far that I have virtually no problems. It even worked with the Fedora 9 LiveCD. I'm used to Debian-based package management and debian-based distros so I'm using them more but I give props to Fedora for having one type of adapter work out of the box with little trouble. That's especially praiseworthy considering how bad the wireless utilities are in Linux.

I suggest if you have any further problems to research for usb wireless adapters with the Zydas chipset. It's supported in Linux out of the box and will usually work in most distros and even if there are some issues, they will be minor compared to other chipsets, imho. I know Ralink chipsets are becoming better supported but only have experience with usb wireless adapters with Zydas-based chipsets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2