Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone have any experience using KNetworkManager to connect to wireless networks? It's really starting to annoy me with the way it automatically connects to some networks, even if if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Managing wireless networks with KNetworkManager

Does anyone have any experience using KNetworkManager to connect to wireless networks? It's really starting to annoy me with the way it automatically connects to some networks, even if if I take them out of the "Trusted" area.

Does anyone know of any similar programs that give me a little better control over it, aside from iwconfig. :P

Linux Guru
    They can't connect if you don't have the password. The passwords are usually stored in the keyring manager or KWallet. Just go in and delete the passwords that you no longer want to keep.

If the networks that it connects to are not encrypted (no password), then be grateful for the free internet connection.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
    They can't connect if you don't have the password. The passwords are usually stored in the keyring manager or KWallet. Just go in and delete the passwords that you no longer want to keep.

If the networks that it connects to are not encrypted (no password), then be grateful for the free internet connection.
    Well, they're not encrypted, but they also don't have internet connections to share, which is why I even noticed it switching between them in the first place; one second I'd be connected and browsing fine, and the next it would simply not work. I'm not sure why they have wireless connections up with no internet to share on it, but it seems like a wireless network for printers since I'm in a college dorm seeing it, and there's a multitude of "Hewlett Packard" machines from what I can see by scanning it.