Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, My linux computer can't find my router. i've had it for about 3 weeks & it worked fine until about a week ago. the router is connected via ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't find router in Linux

Hi there,
    My linux computer can't find my router.
    i've had it for about 3 weeks & it worked fine until about a week ago.
    the router is connected via a LAN cable to the family computer which is running XP, that works fine.
    i'm currently writing this on my PDA phone which is connected to the router. it's running windows mobile & i'm sat in front of the computer that i'm having trouble with.
    i'm running the spring 2008 version of mandriva & i'm using a realtek RTL-8185 wireless card, with the windows drivers that it was supplied with.
    the router is a siemens SE587, supplied by my ISP tiscali.
    i've tried re-installin the OS but it didn't change anything.

Linux Guru
    Are you saying that the wireless originally worked, and now it doesn't? Did you update the system after the install?

You don't say how you are using Windoze drivers in Linux. If you are using NDISwrapper, there could be a Linux driver loading that is conflicting with it. Here is some info on the Linux driver:
    Main Page - Realtek Linux wireless driver

To see what driver modules are loading, enter this command and post the results.
    Code:
    lsmod
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help. Literally 10 minutes after I made this original post it started working again.