Find the answer to your Linux question:
ive been given a laptop with Vector Linux v5.0 Lite ive never used linux before, and i have a dlink router modle DIR 301, but i need the driver so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help please

ive been given a laptop with Vector Linux v5.0 Lite ive never used linux before, and i have a dlink router modle DIR 301, but i need the driver so i can use my wirless usb any idea's?

Linux Enthusiast
    It depends on the make and model of your USB wireless card. A quick and dirty solution is to look up ndiswrapper (the sourceforge site is down right now) which lets you use the windows drivers for most cards.

If you need help installing and configuring it let us know. Also, if you can tell us what kind of card you have we might be able to point you to native drivers which are usually a better option.

Let us know how you get on,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Linux Guru
    To find the USB hardware information on a Linux PC, enter this command into a terminal.
    Code:
    lsusb
    If that command doesn't work, try it this way.
    Code:
    /sbin/lsusb
    Copy and post the output from that command into this thread. If you need to copy the file to a Windows PC to post, save the file as a text file with .txt as the file type.

I see Vector Linux is based on Slackware. I am not familiar with Vector or Slackware, so bear with me. You could also install a more newbie friendly version of Linux, such as Ubuntu.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.