Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok im used to debian and im switching to fedora and im trying to get my wireless working and when i compile ndiswrapper i get this Code: [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.53]# make ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] make problem

ok im used to debian and im switching to fedora and im trying to get my wireless working and when i compile ndiswrapper i get this
    Code:
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.53]# make
    make -C driver
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver'

*** WARNING: This kernel uses 4K stack size option
    (CONFIG_4KSTACKS); many Windows drivers will not work
    with this option enabled. Disable CONFIG_4KSTACKS
    in kernel's .config file, recompile and install kernel

make -C /usr/src/kernels/2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686 M=/home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686'
      LD      /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/built-in.o
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/crt_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/hal_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/ndis_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/ntoskernel_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/ntoskernel_io_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/rtl_exports.h
      MKEXPORT /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/usb_exports.h
      CC [M]  /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/crt.o
      CC [M]  /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/hal.o
      CC [M]  /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.o
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c: In function ‘ndis_translate_scan’:
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1037: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1037: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1037: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1037: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_event’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1047: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1047: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1047: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1047: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_point’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1053: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1053: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1053: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1053: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_event’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1064: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1064: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1064: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1064: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_event’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1079: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1079: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1079: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1079: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_event’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1093: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1093: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1093: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_event’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1093: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_event’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1104: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1104: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1104: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1104: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_point’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1120: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_value’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1120: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_value’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1120: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘iwe_stream_add_value’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1120: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_value’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1131: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1131: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1131: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1131: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_point’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1137: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1137: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1137: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1137: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_point’
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1159: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1159: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1159: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘iwe_stream_add_point’ from incompatible pointer type
    /home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.c:1159: error: too few arguments to function ‘iwe_stream_add_point’
    make[3]: *** [/home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver/iw_ndis.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [_module_/home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686'
    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/DARKreaction/Desktop/ndiswrapper-1.53/driver'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.53]# make clear
    make: *** No rule to make target `clear'.  Stop.
    [root@localhost ndiswrapper-1.53]#
    any help would be greatly appreciated

[edit] running fedora 9

Linux Guru
    Not sure about the errors. But do you really need to compile NDISwrapper from source? I always installed it from Fedora. In fact I think that it is available from the installation DVD. You need the NDISwrapper binary and the kernel module.

I stopped using NDISwrapper a while ago, because the Linux drivers for my wireless are now much improved. Do you really need NDISwrapper?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

ok as i said i was new to fedora and never even looked into the network settings just assumed it needed ndiswrapper but a it turns out fedora had already detected my network card and my wireless network so ya...im idiot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Don't be so down on yourself. LinuxForums is a "feelgood" forum.

Post again if you find more problems with Fedora.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.