Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know what's going on, but something really funny is going on. I can't get into the router settings, also, there are a few odd things in ifconfig and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Router Hacked?

I don't know what's going on, but something really funny is going on. I can't get into the router settings, also, there are a few odd things in ifconfig and iwconfig

ifconfig
    Code:
    wmaster0_rename Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
              RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    iwconfig
    Code:
    1234-5678-9ABC-DEF0-1234 [3]
              Link Quality=100/100  Signal level=45/100  
              Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
              Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
    Note, the hexidecimal digits have been changed, just incase they might be something that shouldn't be posted...

Anyway, I'm going to restart my router and reconfigure it all again...While I'm doing so if anyone has any ideas, please help...

Thanks...

Iwconfig and ifconfig have really nothing to do with your router. If you suspect that your router has been compromised then you should Login to the router setup page and at the very least change the WEP-WPA keys. You could also try checking the Router logs for dubious activity.

Isn't Wmaster a psuedo connection? Meaning it's fake and only used for the actual interface?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    I don't know, I'm only a noob...But the one that was in iwconfig wasn't there the last time I checked...

Also, I can't get into the router settings...I get this message.

Connection Interrupted
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
    The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I've tried it on all three computers...I've tried finding the IP addresses and everything that this computer is connected to, but happen to have forgotten what to use...Still looking it all up...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Don't type in the IP address in the browser header; it's the default gateway you're looking for. Usually 192.168.1.1.

Just Joined!
    Woops, grammar error...Sorry, I'm still learning and haven't learned what all the names for things are yet. Anyway, it was the default gateway I've been typing in, 192.168.2.1...About 2 weeks ago, or a month ago, I used the settings at the default gateway to add a wpa tkip password, as well as a password for the router settings itself.

I typed in iwconfig, and again it is showing those hexidecimal numbers, but this time a different set of numbers...

iwconfig
    Code:
    lo
    eth0
    wlan0

8907-017C-E03A-2D72-B9D5 [3]
              Link Quality=23/100  Signal level=41/100  
    The first time I checked iwconfig it showed that last one as
    Code:
    F77C-68B1-E283-6331-FC69 [3]
              Link Quality=23/100  Signal level=41/100  
    I've looked at our other computer running puppy linux and it shows the same thing but with a different hexidecimal number. I'm not sure what this is, and I haven't found any information on what is doing this and what it's for.

I just checked and still can't get into the settings at the default gateway...I'll go ahead and just restart the router...*Fingers crossed*...

Just Joined!
    Ok, I reset the router, and everything's there now...Perhaps just a problem with the router...I think I've read that there have been problems with the belkin f5d7230-4 router, but not to sure about it...

Thanks...

<Edit> Out of curiosity, while reading the router's settings and all, it shows the IP address as 192.168.2.1 and it shows a different number for the Default Gateway, which it is 192.168.2.1 where the settings are...