Find the answer to your Linux question:
In "Wireless Maximum Security", (2003, SAMS), on pg. 251, the author shows what he claims is an infra-red antenna irradiation pattern as detected by satellite, in a urban neighborhood. Does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless antenna infra-red irradiation patterns

In "Wireless Maximum Security", (2003, SAMS), on pg. 251, the author shows what he claims is an
    infra-red antenna irradiation pattern as detected by satellite, in a urban neighborhood. Does anyone know if it is
    possible to download IR satellite images of metropolitan areas? Google Earth doesn't
    appear to have these and I haven't found them anywhere on the net yet.

But obviously the images would be useful in identifying isolated penetration spots
    for pentesting ...

I've never seen an image like that, no. I have trouble imagining that infrared radiation from wireless systems (I assume that's what the picture is about) could possibly be distinguished in a city full of infrared radiation coming off of anything from cars to streetlights. But I suppose it's possible. Is there anywhere you've found that image besides the book?
    Registered Linux User: #479567
    Asking a question? Read this page first.
    Now... sudo make me a sandwich.
    ratiocinativeroot.blogspot.com

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsmw View Post
    I've never seen an image like that, no. I have trouble imagining that infrared radiation from wireless systems (I assume that's what the picture is about) could possibly be distinguished in a city full of infrared radiation coming off of anything from cars to streetlights. But I suppose it's possible. Is there anywhere you've found that image besides the book?

i may be wrong about the IR aspect. the photograph is in black & white and,
    although you can see buildings, they are very fuzzy. the antenna iiradiation
    appears as a white cloud of dust in the photograph. but ive never seen anything like it anywhere else.

you can get this book at bittorrentshare or read it on safari, by the way