Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I have been trying to install madwifi, however, when I type make I get some compilation errors. Code: ... /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:193: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fprintf' /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:194: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

madwifi modules errors

Hello!
    I have been trying to install madwifi, however, when I type make I get some compilation errors.

Code:
    /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:193: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'fprintf'
    /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:194: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 4 has type 'int'
    /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:195: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
    /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:199: warning: implicit declaration of function 'read_stduu'
    /home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode.c:201: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fclose'
    make[3]: *** [/home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal/uudecode] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [/home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6/ath_hal] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic'
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    root@luis-laptop:/home/luis/madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6#
    What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Linux Guru
    It is difficult to help without knowing the Linux distribution that you are using. Judging from the name of the kernel, I would guess that it is Ubuntu.

Another forum member had the same problem We solved it by installing the glibc-headers. This was in Fedora, and you can read the thread here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...tml#post635027

I don't know what the package is called in Ubuntu, assuming that is what you have.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Yes, that's right I use Ubuntu. Well I'll read the thread and see if it helps. Thank you!