Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, So my house just opted for ATT Uverse (vs cable net which has always worked) and now I'm in a situation I was hoping to avoid. I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] Wireless Nightmare

Hi All,
    So my house just opted for ATT Uverse (vs cable net which has always worked) and now I'm in a situation I was hoping to avoid.

I get a connection on first boot of modem/router, perfect connection, 85% (this is in Hardy as well as Intrepid). I restart, I keep the connection, I shut down, I lose it, can't connect again. When it tries to connect network manager shows both little circles lighting up but never gets a connection. If I unplug the router then it reconnects after I reboot, but as soon as I shut down I get the same problem....getting really frustrated any help would be appreciated (unplugging the router every time isn't an option, as well as not shutting down my computer....)

Thanks!
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Linux Guru
    I have Uverse, and used to have Time-Warner cable internet.

When using cable internet, I only had a cable modem. I purchased a Linksys WAP54G wireless access point to handle the wireless.

After switching to Uverse, I found that the wireless access point, that is part of the Uverse router, to be complete crap! I went back to using my Linksys access point, and everything is just fine.

If you use an external AP, then disable wireless in the Uverse router.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Going to mark this as solved although I have NO idea how I did it...I went into the settings when I was wired up and messed around a bit and then all the sudden it worked....if it happens again I'll write down what I do so that maybe I can post the fix (it might have been changing firewall settings or enabling then disabling mac address filtering).

I've got to say that Intrepid's network manager and the way it handles wireless cards is AMAZING, I have such strong signals, before I had about a 60% connection, now I've jumped to 90% + the new broadcom native driver has increased my speed from 1Mb/s to 54 Mb/s So hopefully it continues to work
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close