Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Hardware specs: Laptop - HPPavilion ZT1120 wireless network card netgear 54Mbps wireless Pc card 32-bit cardbus model WG511 Hi I have a laptop that I would like to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

netgear 32 bit cardbus model wg511

Hi,

Hardware specs:
    Laptop - HPPavilion ZT1120
    wireless network card netgear 54Mbps wireless Pc card 32-bit cardbus model WG511

Hi I have a laptop that I would like to run Suse 11.0 i386 on but Suse will not work with the wireless card installed...This in itself is odd because I can run Puppy Linux on the same laptop and the wireless card works fine...

In Puppy Linux the wireless card is set up as:

module prism54
    bus pci
    description the prism54 802.11 wireless lan adapter

Note I'm not really a hardware/network guy so any pointers should be detailed, here are my questions...

1.Do I need to bother with ndiswrapper in this situation?
    2.Do I need to download the firmware for the card, if yes do you know a website?
    Every website I visited offered the firmware/install as a self extracting exe for windows ie
    no good for Linux.
    3.Is there a tutorial or walk through for setting up netgear network cards in Suse 11.0?

Thanks in advance...Gerard4143

Linux Guru
    Hi.

Please read the post linked to below, and post the output of the suggested commands, here in this thread.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tup-linux.html
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.