Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm currently in possession of both of these cards, and want to know which has better hardware. The software for both seems to lean on towards Intel's card, but ath9k ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Intel 4965ABGN versus Atheros AR5418 ABGN

I'm currently in possession of both of these cards, and want to know which has better hardware. The software for both seems to lean on towards Intel's card, but ath9k is making progress, fast.

I'm looking at optimal laptop usage, that means throughput as well as battery life needs to be taken into consideration, and I cannot find any comparisons between these two cards. So I'm asking you, LinuxForums.Org. Has anyone used both of these cards and has one come out as obviously better than the other for you?

Thanks!

I can't give you a side-by-side comparison, but in my personal experience Intel chipsets are much better supported in Linux than any other brand.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    I can't give you a side-by-side comparison, but in my personal experience Intel chipsets are much better supported in Linux than any other brand.
    Well both chipsets are coming from the same place it seems.

Drivers - Linux Wireless

The Atheros hardware does look better than the Intel hardware, but the Atheros software looks worse, but for comparisons I can't really find much .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close