Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have suse linux 10.2 and have just got a new wireless router at home, but the problem is, (not being such an experienced user!) I'm unable to work out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless internet set-up

I have suse linux 10.2 and have just got a new wireless router at home, but the problem is, (not being such an experienced user!) I'm unable to work out how to log on to the network I've created! The computer used to be used at a different address with a different wireless network provider. When i try to search for DSL connections it just says the network adapter is disabled..... any helpers out there?! many thanks, AJF

Just Joined!
    execute the command 'lspci | grep controller' and find out whether it mentions wireless controller
    What is the OS and kernel veriosn that you are using post the 'uname -a ' too

Linux Guru
    Configure the wireless card in YaST. Select to let it use NeworkManager to connect. Also use DHCP for the connection. You then should be able to click on the NetworkManager icon in the task bar to connect. Right-click first and check the "Enable Wireless" box.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close