Find the answer to your Linux question:
Bare with me cause I am new to linux so I will explain the best I can. I installed linux and my wireless card doesn't work. I went through the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless issue.

Bare with me cause I am new to linux so I will explain the best I can. I installed linux and my wireless card doesn't work. I went through the help menu and typed in what it said and it says my card is turned off. It says I can go through my windows to turn it back on but me not thinking I got rid of windows so is there something I can do? Thanks.

tpl
    Linux User
    "lspci"

look for "network controller" or similar==xxxx:yyyy

google "xxxx:yyyy"
    the sun is new every day (heraclitus)

Just Joined!
    Whats lspci? and how do I use a network controller? I know a little bit about computers but not a whole lot. Thanks for any help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    You enter the command

Code:
    lspci
    into Terminal and hit enter. Here is a small tutorial I wrote for New users on opening and using terminal.

Yet Another Technology Site: How to open Terminal and find what kernel you are using

Copy and paste the readout in your next post.

Linux Guru
    Please also tell us the name of the Linux distribution that you are using.

I would like to know which distribution has a Help menu that tells you to boot into Windows! I never heard of such a thing.

The latest Linux kernel has the capabilities to turn this switch on or off. it is a bit involving, though. And maybe too difficult for you to comprehend. Still, we can try.

Post the output of this command, it will give your kernel version.
    Code:
    uname -r
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.