Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Try to start it with this command. Code: ifup wlan0...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Try to start it with this command.
    Code:
    ifup wlan0
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

thanks for all your help so far. It seems like im quite close to FINALLY getting this working. still havent solved it though. output of ifup wlan0

Code:
    /sbin/ifup: configuration for wlan0 not found.
    usage: ifup <device name>
    there is a listed ethernet device called pan0 with a totally different mac address than my wireless that has been there since i first installed Fedora. dont know if it is related to the wireless. i doubt it because it cant connect. I doubt its relevant just thought id let you know.
    any ideas?

Linux Guru
    I think that this goes beyond being a wireless issue, and is a hardware issue. Unfortunately, I have little expertise in that area.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    If you think that you may have things straightened out, then go back into the "Network" section and set up the wireless. You may need to create a new setting, if it isn't listed. Also, try not having more than one network device as "Active", at a time.

Just thought id let you know that after three months of trying to get this to work.. I finally did, in literally three minutes. I went out and brought a Lynksys Wireless USB, plugged it into Fedora, used the package manager to install rt2870 drivers and TA DA! it was working! Thanks for all your help waterhead. Honestly. Thank you. Cheers.

Remy

Linux Guru
    It's good to hear that you finally have an internet connection.

I apologize for not being able to get the on-board wireless to work. But the fact that the external wireless worked quite easily, tells me that it is indeed a hardware problem within the system. It is not activating the wireless card, so Linux is unable to use it.

You are not alone in this problem. It would be nice if there was a solution to it.

there was no onboard wireless. It was all External USB so it doesnt really matter, its the same size just different brand. Haha. Ill keep working on getting the Buffalo working and if i do, ill post it somewhere (any ideas where?) so maybe it can help other people. Thank you again.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman191 View Post
    there was no onboard wireless. It was all External USB...
    Oh yea, this thread got so long, I forgot.
    Ill keep working on getting the Buffalo working and if i do, ill post it somewhere (any ideas where?) so maybe it can help other people. Thank you again.
    You can post it here, since it was the original problem. Or you can start a new thread.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7