Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1

    Can this be done

    Ok i have a 2.4 ghz wireless security camera and the receiver it came with broke. Can i use a wireless computer adapter "Linksys Wireless card" to turn my computer into a receiver??? Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Difficult one hmm jummy lol.. erm asuming u have only one pc u could try to use an distro like pfsense and make an wmware router/receiver in virtuallinux program, and AP has to be set to receivemode but if these distro cant do it u can buy an wrt54gl and upload dd-wrt in it and than u can set it to receiver.or another option could be maby cam---ddwrtrouuterinbridge----------------------1km------------ddwrtrouterbridge-------------------ddwrtAP---------pc where ----=meens wifi i know dd-wrt firmware has good security options goodluck, and sorry if am wrong i was just trying to help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts