Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been useing my wireless card infedora 8 and when I tried to set security mode on my server (wep128-bit) I put the Encription key in and my computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with wireless

I have been useing my wireless card infedora 8 and when I tried to set security mode on my server (wep128-bit) I put the Encription key in and my computer won't comunicate with the server. When I resart the system I get this mesg.at boot up Error for wireless request "set encode"(8B2A) set failed on device wlan0;invalid argument. can anyone help?

ps: I have a eddiemax pci card

Just Joined!
    are u kidding me? wep is totally not good, u have to use wpa2 combined with mac filtering for wifi [wireless] hope ur not talking bout radius server because i dunno that jet but in wpa2 u can use numbers,letters and code@ but in web u can only use numbers and in wpa u can use numbers and letter.

Radius is way to difficult for an beginner..dont ask me that lol

Linux Guru
    More information on the wireless is needed.Please read this sticky, and post back with the information.

Wireless Setup - Start Here

Also, what application are you using to connect with the wireless? You should be using the NetworkManager applet, found in the taskbar.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Sorry for beeing so long getting back but I decided to istall f10 and it did the trick thanks for all the answers though. Now I am having another problem Iwant to use(share) a printer that I have on a WRT54G router and I can't figgure out how to set it up. If anyone can help I would be greatfull.

Linux Guru
    You should be able to use CUPS (Common Unix Printing System). It is installable using YUM. After installation, you access the CUPS server through a web browser, like Firefox
    Code:
    http://localhost:631/
    If your printer is a network printer, I believe that you would use the ipp protocol to access it. An example of my printer, which is connected to a PC:
    Code:
    ipp://192.168.1.75:631/printers/psc_1200
    You also need to install the correct Linux driver for the printer, on the PC that will send the document to the printer.

Since this is off topic, start a new thread for further CUPS questions. Maybe in the peripherals or Fedora section.
    Last edited by waterhead; 02-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!

printer install

Cups did the trick I realy apreciate your help BCH

P. S. I posted here because no one answered my other post so thanks again