Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Silver_EM sorry to sound like a huge noob... but where? Where what?Where is the USB drive? I haven't a clue, I was asking you if the PS3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_EM View Post
    sorry to sound like a huge noob... but where?
    Where what?Where is the USB drive? I haven't a clue, I was asking you if the PS3 has a USB connector. You know what a USB connector looks like right?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru
    What I linked to was a kernel patch. I never have patched a kernel before, but I believe that a patch is for a specific kernel version. From the patch that I linked to, I can't determine the kernel version that it was meant for.

If you want to try, here are some instructions for patching a kernel.

Linux Kernel Documentation :: applying-patches.txt
    LinuxHQ: How to apply patches

I'm pretty sure that this is beyond your knowledge and capabilities in Linux. But you can try, that's how you learn. If I were in your place, I would just install the PS3 version of Yellow Dog Linux. 6.1 is the latest

Fixstars -- Linux for IBM, AMCC, and Freescale Power Architecture, including the PowerStation, PLAYSTATION, PS3, ZEGO BCU-100, QS22, Mercury Cell, and Apple PowerPC.

Follow the installation guide for PS3.

http://us.fixstars.com/support/insta..._ps3_guide.pdf

Good Luck!
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2