Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I removed all files and I wanted to installed the rpm file but [root@localhost wicd]# rpm -ihv wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm warning: wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 063fa7e4 Preparing... ########################################### ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I removed all files and I wanted to installed the rpm file but

[root@localhost wicd]# rpm -ihv wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    warning: wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 063fa7e4
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    package wicd-1.3.1-3 is already installed

I don't know where it is installed

in my application menu, internet, there is wicd (and not wicd network manager) but when I click on it, nothing happens

Linux Guru
    Try uninstalling it first, and see if that helps.
    Code:
     rpm -e wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    Then try and install it again. If it still won't install, try the --force option.
    Code:
     rpm -ivh --force wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    For a list of options you can use, enter this command.
    Code:
    rpm --help
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Nothing really happens

[root@localhost wicd]# rpm -e wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    error: package wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm is not installed
    [root@localhost wicd]# rpm -ivh --force wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    warning: wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 063fa7e4
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    1:wicd ########################################### [100%]
    [root@localhost wicd]# rpm -e wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm
    error: package wicd-1.3.1-3.noarch.rpm is not installed

I just did the last command to see if it was installed and apparently, not. because I didn't know where to search in my system to see if it was installed. Again, there is not much in Application, internet menu, the same "wicd" submenu which doesn't get activated

Is there some thing that locks the installation?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I guess that version isn't compatible with FC4. You could try an older version, that I linked to in a previous post.

I thought that using Wicd would help you solve your wireless problems, but it seems to have just created more problems. You can see how hard it is to update an out-of-date distro.

I still think that you should plan on upgrading to a newer version. It may not solve the wireless problems, but it will make it easier to install software and things. FC4 no longer has repositories available for upgrading or installing new software and new kernels.

If you have your home folder on a separate partition, then you can install a new version without destroying all of your files. Just make sure that you do not format that partition. You should still make copies of all of the files, just in case. If not, then copy all the files to a CD or USB drive first.

Installing a new distro to fix a wireless problem seems rather drastic, but I don't really have a solution for your problem. You have been very patient with this, as I fumble around for solutions.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    it's true that it's caused us more problems than solving the problem.

I just gave a try to an old version of wicd on SourceForge.net: wicd: Files and could install wicd 1.3.1. Now the commands on Wicd on Fedora - Wicd Wiki made sense as I got opt, usr folders. I could go through all commands until enabling wicd damaen. then, I noticed that I already have etc/init.d/wicd but didn't replace by the one suggested (didn't know if it was necessary). I attach in case you want to have a look. but couldn't go farther because of the script for thaw/resume since I don't have pm folder in my /etc to save the script as /etc/pm/sleep.d/11wicd.

In parallel, to install FC10, should I get update version since I already have FC4 or install version?

Just Joined!
    had forgotten the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Linux Guru
    When installing a different version of a program, it is usually best to remove all files from the previous version.

As for upgrading Fedora Core 4, I am afraid that it is too big of a jump. You would be better off with a fresh install. Since the live version of Fedora 10 had the same wireless problems, you may want to try a few other live distros first, to see if one woks better.

The problem may just be the wireless, so you may also want to consider getting a different one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3