Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question .

Last edited by don_9129; 03-18-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: deleting

Quote Originally Posted by don_9129 View Post
    Nevermind, I know now not to ask for help here
    This Forum is run by volunteers. That means that people give answers to questions in their spare time. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of timedifference around the world. Your first post was as far as I'm concerned at about 06.00 in the morning and most of the time I do my daily things first and spend some time on the forum in the evening. So, next time you ask something bare this in mind and have a little patience.

In the mean time I hope you find a solution for your problems.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

The drivers are generally built into the linux kernel. If the wireless worked out of the box in 8.04, it's unlikely that the drivers were removed in 8.10, so something else is probably going on. It may be as simple as the module not loading properly. First thing, please look here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wir...tart-here.html and post the requested info.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles4809 View Post
    This Forum is run by volunteers. That means that people give answers to questions in their spare time. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of timedifference around the world. Your first post was as far as I'm concerned at about 06.00 in the morning and most of the time I do my daily things first and spend some time on the forum in the evening. So, next time you ask something bare this in mind and have a little patience.

In the mean time I hope you find a solution for your problems.
    I posted the question earlier that evening "pacific time" and questions posted after mine were answered earlier that evening. So, what I meant by knowing not to post here was that either no one here knows the answer or no one cares to answer, not meant to be directed toward everyone in the linux forum but in "wireless" section. I imagine a lot of people just assume the answer to every wireless question is Ndiswrapper and people who post here just need to type linux and wireless into google perhaps not considering that the person posting has a more complex question that needs an answer to something not previously answered in the forum or that can be found on google with a couple keywords. Yes I was irritable and impatient but I know that the wireless section of the forum does not get much attention and posting other places is better. Thanks

Linux Guru
    I apologize if I was unable to respond to your help request at a speed that you expected. I have been busy, and have limited my time at LF.

If you were referring to the fact that I have responded to other threads, but not yours, it is because I get an email when a response is posted in a thread that I have posted in. Since I check my email at lunch time (if I can), I will, of course respond. Since I only have 10 minutes max, after eating lunch, I do not have time to respond to a new help request.

If you want to try again, please post the needed info. Read this post for what I am looking for.

Wireless Setup - Start Here

I have not overlooked your obvious rudeness, but will help you, nonetheless.
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.